Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jackson's Jolly

Beverly Jackson personally chose the menu for Bobby Jackson's and Missy Mashburn's birthday luncheon at Jackson Insurance on Thursday.

























When I asked Beverly how many to cook for, she said, "Ten people probably, I think, maybe." I have all but forgotten how to cook for only ten people.  The medical offices I cook for in Gainesville, Toccoa, Franklin, Waynesville and Asheville are anywhere from 25 to 55 people.  But when Beverly Jackson asks anything of me, she can consider it done. I go into automatic mode because I'd do anything within my power for these people --- I love these people!  Besides, cooking for probably-maybe-10 is like having a day off


Office Gourmet's signature Village Market Salad

Lemon Cheese Tart or Chocolate Espresso Torte anyone?

The Jacksons both grew up in Blairsville.  They know everybody and everybody knows them.  I'm not 100% sure, but pretty sure, when I was growing up on the beaches of Miami, not everybody knew me.  Since not everybody knew me in my high school --- there were 300 in my graduating class --- and not everybody knew me in my neighborhood where about 7 languages were spoken, I think I can conclude with at least 99% certainty, not everyone in Miami knew me.

Bobby's childhood home above Phil's Garage
But the Jacksons grew up where everybody knew them. I'm guessing that's why Bobby is always chomping at the bit to hit the road and go somewhere.... anywhere.  It's the only way to see a face he doesn't know, and humans need to see strangers now and then as proof the world extends beyond our own Main Streets; as proof the world is round; as proof that....okay, well, you get the idea.

Home away from home.
If I could travel in the Jackson's Motor Home, do you honestly think I'd be sitting here writing this blog?   What's really interesting about all this is the life story that took Bobby Jackson from his childhood in the apartment above Phil's Garage, to owning a motor home even bigger than that apartment.  What's even more interesting is --- I'm 100% certain of this part --- he chose all those roads less traveled in his life.... and never made an enemy along the way.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! ~Jo