Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring Basket Wreath


You can either buy something like this from Door Wreaths by Design or make a simple version yourself.  There are many hanging baskets that are flat-backed, allowing them to hang flush against a wall, window or door.  If your door is in a sunny location, fill the planter basket with something like petunias, bacopa, or calibrachoa.  If your door is in a shadier location, try pink impatiens mixed with caladiums.  Nice change from a wreath.  To keep basket from bumping against a glass window as in the photo, put a couple lengths of peel & stick foam weather stripping on the back.  Happy decorating!  ~Jo

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! But where can I get a flat back hanging planter container that will take real plants? I love container gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't this a wonderful look -- and a relief from wreaths? I got my flat back planters from a local nursery, but I've seen them at either Lowe's or Home Depot. Also -- if you search "wall pocket" on eBay, you'll see a gazillion different kinds, some quite beautiful! Happy hunting -- and send me photos!!!! ~Jo

      Delete
  2. Julia -- also try "wall planter" on eBay.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! ~Jo