Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Anybody Can Make These Biscuits





I woke to temperatures in the 40s this morning.  I think my apple tree might bloom today.

When it's too cold outside (less than 30 Fahrenheit), I grab a cuppa and head to the sofa to snuggle under my red afghan until the warm liquid surges its caffeine rush through my body.  Then I clear my throat and say to myself: Okay, what day is it, so I'll know how to proceed.  Only today, Tuesday according to the calendar, for reasons I can't explain, probably because it was 41 Fahrenheit, but not sure that's the reason, I said to myself: I'll make biscuits.  When I chef a lunch for an office or conference, I'm in the kitchen wide awake by 4:30 or 5:00 a.m., but it's not to cook breakfast for me.  It's to cook lunch for them.

As I'm not a breakfast person (remember I'm the person who promised you recipes for a Holiday Breakfast weeks ago -- and I can't even bring myself to cook it -- welcome to reality blogging) needless to say, I was shocked at my alter ego for even suggesting such an act as making biscuits, and even more horrified my alter expected me to eat them. 


They just came out of the oven...........   I just ate one.  Heaven.  Now eating another one.........now considering eating another one........


Well, you know me -- my mantra is never cook anything without taking photos to share with the universe.  This is, after all, the age of information.  Here we go...


Jo White's "You Can Make These Half-Asleep" Biscuits

Preheat oven to 450
Spray a baking sheet

Into a bowl:
Grate 1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar

Add:
2 c. self rising flour, mixed with 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp thyme, & 1/2 tsp cayenne
3 heaping Tablespoons real mayonnaise (NOT salad dressing)
1 cup milk

Stir lightly until just evenly combined (drop biscuits are better if you don't over-stir)  Drop 10 biscuits onto sheet pan.  Lightly Brush with melted butter.  Bake 15 minutes.  Devour.

Please excuse me.  I have to get back to my biscuits.





Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! ~Jo