Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Tisket, a Tasket, all in a Basket

Here’s a pic of what I did this weekend – I finally got around to organizing the open pantry. I didn’t have the nerve to take a “before” photo, as it was too messy and embarrassing, and I couldn’t possibly let you see it that way... a Southern lady just doesn't air her dirty laundry!!
 


It was really stupid to let it get as messy and unorganized as it was. There was no real excuse, because I have a huge assortment of baskets in the shed along with more décor than several families need.

Speaking of all that décor, I have some unusual things from my years as a decorator, and it's maybe time to let some of it go. What do you think? I’ll tell you what I think - I think I should start a facebook page to sell it all.  There are many yard sale pages, but beautiful home decor kind of gets lost between the jeans and guns and prom dresses.  I'll keep you posted on that.  Happy decorating! ~Jo



4 comments:

  1. You told me a while back to put things in baskets, they'd look much better, and it is SO TRUE! However, I'm at the point now of needing to go through some of the baskets and get rid of some of the things in them. Your pantry looks great. A facebook page for your excess decor items sounds like fun, I'd be interested in seeing them. Not that I need any more stuff...but who knows, and it's always fun to look anyway. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you need some more stuff to put in the baskets when you take out all the stuff you have, lol!

      Delete
  2. This looks wonderful! But I want to know where are all the canned goods? And the boxes of rice, cerial, etc. etc. etc. that seems to be my main pantry mess. The canned goods in front are piled three high so I can see more of them, but they are still hiding those behind. sigh-----
    When and if you put your decor stuff on FB, I want to hear about it. Like Joy, I don't need another thing, but somehow or other I always seem to need things when I see them. You might try Ebay too. I sell and buy both on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia -- I store canned goods and boxed foods in closed cabinets. This cabinet originally held my dishes, but I wanted them to be more convenient, so I moved them to another cabinet I opened up (see the Blairsvillager.com post "An Open and Shut Case" on the Decorating page -- so I've been using this for the messy business of spices, coffee & tea, oils & vinegars, cookbooks (in the bottom shelf in a basket, but can't be seen here), paper plates, plastic cutlery, etc., kitty snacks, etc. I love open cabinets, but not for cans and boxes of cereal! However, even they can look nice if organized in baskets or containers. Flour, sugar, cereal, etc, look GREAT in large clear glass apothecary jars on open shelves. Just get creative and create your own unique look! I've been an Ebay buyer for many years, but never a seller. But I am probably going to do the page on facebook. Loads of great decor! I'll keep everybody posted here on the blog! So great to hear from you -- always love the questions and comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! ~Jo