Saturday, March 2, 2013

All You Need

Sometimes you just need to move things around!  What has been in one room for a while, gains a new life by simply moving it to another.  Such is the story of what I did today.

trellis pot rackLast summer, I drew up a plan to upgrade the kitchen a little.  First the cabinets will be painted true white and a new floor is in my future.  On the interim, I took two trellises from the garden and re-purposed them by stacking one on top of the other, and hanging them from the ceiling.  This killed two birds (don’t ever really kill a bird!) with one stone.  The trellises covered the fluorescent fixture that is in the plans to be replaced with pendant lights, and they also acted as a pot rack.  While working on the fluorescent fixture the other day, I took the pot rack trellises down and they were just sitting around the kitchen for a few days. I needed to get them out of the way.

                                                                                                                                                                                  
So I did this:  

mirror with trellises
I simply stood them up against the mirrored wall behind the sofa, and they added instant texture and dimension.  I’ve never been one to tell you to go out and buy all new furnishings when you need a change.  Sometimes all you need is to re-think, re-purpose, and move around what you already have.  These trellises went from the garden, to the kitchen, to the living room.  And they're probably temporary even there, 'cause knowing myself, I'll find many more places for them.  Happy decorating!

2 comments:

  1. They looked great in the kitchen and they look great in their new (albeit temporary) home. I bet they will have flowers growing on them before long, though. Spring is coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, Joy, as usual. They need to go back outside, but they got to spend inside in the warm house being useful. A great life for a trellis, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! ~Jo